If you’d love a to meet a friendly community of entrepreneurs who will help you freely, who won’t try to sell you stuff and won’t steal your ideas then you’ve come to the right place!
Who is this for? We’re not a traditional business network and not every new business is a ‘startup’ – read our is this for me? page to make sure this is right for you.
We’re aimed at innovative, scalable businesses rather than traditional businesses, freelancers, consultants, etc but if you’re one of the latter, you’re still welcome provided you join for a conversation and not to sell.
Here’s a bunch great ways to get involved:-
1. Subscribe for our weekly news and events digest plus occasional individual event invites.
2. Attending some of the many events happening each month: http://www.leicesterstartups.com/dev/events/
3. Tell us about your startup (however embryonic it might be) so we can add it to our list: http://www.leicesterstartups.com/dev/our-startups/.
4. Follow the community on Twitter, Facebook, or Meetup.
5. Add our RSS feed to your news reader: http://www.leicesterstartups.com/dev/feed/
6. Help someone out. Got a business or tech skill? Why not find someone you can advise or mentor – even if it’s just for a few minutes.
7. Run an event. This is a community not a club – events happen because people want to organise them. If you’ve got an idea for an event then just do it. Check the calendar to avoid clashes or duplication then contact us to get your event listed and promoted. We can give you advice on organising your event too.
8. Check out our list of books and resources to help you with your startup.