A number of founders from Leicester have been shortlisted for a range of Great British Entrepreneur Awards.
5,000 people applied from across the Midlands and 8 from Leicester have made it to the final shortlist. They are:
- Daljit Singh founder of ISIN: Creative Entrepreneur of the Year
- Shameet Thakkar founder of Unimed Procurement Services: Entrepreneur for Good Award
- Kerry Goodacre & Stacey Dean founders of the Bilingual Day Nursery: Scale-Up Entrepreneur of the Year
- Abdul Thadha founder of Books2Door: Scale-Up Entrepreneur of the Year
- Mark Robinson & Andy Rudkin founders of Creative62: Scale-Up Entrepreneur of the Year
- Ismay Mummery founder of Boy Wonder: Sustainability Entrepreneur of the Year
- Megan Gamble founder of Hashtag Me: Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Neel Thakrar co-founder of Tuck: Young Entrepreneur of the Year
The winners will be announced at a Grand Final, held in London on 21st November. Entrants will have the chance to win over £30,000 worth of marketing support and a tree will be planted for every application submitted with the support of Ecologi.
Founder of the Great British Entrepreneur Awards, Francesca James, said:
“The quality of entries is consistently excellent year on year, but we have been especially blown away by the innovation, drive and determination demonstrated in the applications this year. Shortlisting from so many inspiring contenders has been more challenging than ever, with many deserving cases put forward and an ever-growing business community thriving across the region.
Leicester founder Ismay Mummery, who has been shortlisted for Sustainability Entrepreneur of the Year, said:
“I am so pleased to have shortlisted again. These acknowledgments are a great recognition and celebration of what my business is doing. In today’s difficult economic climate it is hard to keep on going but this has given me a much needed boost and some very valuable exposure.”
Neel Thakrar, founder of Tuck- who is up for Young Entrepreneur of the Year said he was thrilled:
“We’ve had a great journey so far building tuck. and I’m so excited by what’s to come. However, this wouldn’t be possible without the help of the great team we have, so a huge shoutout for all of the fantastic work!”