Leicester College are looking to place their Year 2 Digital and Business students with local startups.
The placements will be for 315/45 days over their two-year courses (T-Levels are 20% on placement and 80% in college).
Startups can claim funding to cover costs associated with hosting a T-Level industry placement student. This could include set-up costs/equipment/staff training.
The type of placement roles the College are looking for are in Programming, General IT Support, Website Development, Active Directory and Computer Networks.
Students will apply a variety of technical knowledge and soft skills in their placement e.g., Problem Solving, Teamwork, Hardware, Software and Computer Networks, Programming, Coding, finding solutions, collaboration and communication skills, engaging an audience
The benefits to local businesses:
- Help nurture and develop new talent – reduce skills shortages and supports business growth.
- Develop existing students’ management and mentoring skills.
- Give opportunities to young people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Promote Corporate Social Responsibility
- Support existing staff members and undertake specific projects to reduce workload
- There is no costtothe employer
- Employer Support Fund information – this can be utilised once a start date has been confirmed
For more information on T Levels : T Level industry placements delivery guidance – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
For about about hosting a student contact email@example.com