Startup founders in Leicester are being offered free workshops to boost their product development and 3D printing skills.
The University of Leicester is giving businesses across the East Midlands the opportunity enhance their skills in order to deliver to new and innovative products.
The two-day workshops are fully funded by the University and the European Regional Development Fund and are delivered by experts from the University of Leicester STAR Accelerator.
Chartered Engineer and Director of My Invention Ltd Jessal Murarji said:
“Taking part in the STAR Accelerator has given me the confidence to decide to let my previous patented idea go and move forward to putting my creative mind towards ideas that better suit the needs of organisations that I will pitch to. I’ve made some great new contacts”
Product Development workshops provide an introduction to:
· Computer Aided Design
· Precision Machining and Measurement
· 3D Printing (Additive Manufacturing)
· Prototype Build, Electronic Prototype Design or Build, Prototype Sensor Design or Build, Testing and Fault Finding.
Advanced Additive Manufacturing workshops introduce the:
· Main principles and benefits of Additive Manufacturing in polymers, metals, ceramics, composites and wax
· Design rules for Additive Manufacturing
· Finishing, inspection and quality assurance
· Standards and product certification.
If you need help to accelerate your design, development, validation and testing of a new product, component or tooling, sign up to a free workshop.
Only available until the end of March 2023 – book your free place here.