Individuals with “invaluable skills and knowledge” are needed to mentor black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) graduates into leadership roles as part of a new programme.
De Montfort University is seeking mentors for it’s ‘Leicester’s Future Leaders‘ project.
The £400,000 project offers BAME employees in high skilled work an opportunity to be matched with an experienced mentor.
Leicester’s Future Leaders Mentoring Manager Rabeya Choudhury said:
“So, whether you’re just starting at a new company or a seasoned career veteran, you have invaluable skills and knowledge to share with our graduates. Over the years have you built a vault of vital transferable skills, knowledge and experience that you could be sharing. If you want to nurture talent and enjoy seeing others do well; you’re definitely mentor material.”
To be eligible you are required to work or own a business in Leicester/Leicestershire and have a minimum of fiveyears’ work experience.
How will the mentoring work?
- Each graduate (mentee) will be matched with an experienced mentor from a business in Leicester/Leicestershire.
- All meetings will take place online such as: MS Teams, Zoom and Skype
- It will be the responsibility of the mentee to arrange a meeting with a mentor once a month
- The partnership will last four months – from January to April 2021. (You will be required to complete an application form with a reference before December 7th 2020)
- The match is made based on details provided by the mentors and mentees on the application form.
- There will also be an opportunity to attend a group mentoring session where both mentors and mentees can share their experiences, thoughts and exchange ideas.
- Full training is given to both mentors and mentees so both partners can benefit as much as possible from the process.
Why become a Mentor?
Top 5 reasons to become a mentor
- Gain the opportunity to reflect on your own development
- Gain personal satisfaction in leaving a legacy in shaping Leicester’s Future Leaders
- Develop your communication skills
- Build networks and become part of the mentoring community
- Learn to see things from a different perspective
If you are interested in applying or wish to find out more please email: email@example.com